When I was in high school, I remember my friends and I wishing to be 20, thinking the world would be our oyster! And 30? Oh my, was that old!
Old?? Oofta, now I am just 8 short months away from it! My girlfriends and I celebrated our first 29th birthdays this past summer and were debating if we’ll just continue with 29th birthdays, or actually turn 30 next year. I think I will go ahead and celebrate 30, but we’ll see as it gets closer.
I’m not sure I am where I pictured my life as an almost 30-year old. There were a few detours along the way. I took a couple lefts when they should have been rights. I’ve been to college a couple of times for two separate degrees, been married and divorced, found the man who was made for me, been a caregiver, become an aunt, gotten some ink, opened my wonderful Etsy shop, been momma to a few fur-babies, and so many other wonderful things.
So in these last few months of my first 29th year, I have decided to make a few goals of things to do before I’m the big 3-0.
30 before Thirty
- Go to the Science Museum with Lovie.
- Go tubing at the local ski hill.
- Participate in the Turkey Trot 5K.
- Find and participate in a Color Run.
- Sleep out under the stars on the deck camping style.
- Take a trip to meet Lovie’s dad.
- Try 2 new restaurants in the cities.
- Celebrate Niecey’s 1st birthday.
- Get engaged!
- Go to a roller derby.
- Paint and sell a piece of furniture.
- Go to Las Vegas.
- Lose 20 lbs. – and keep it off!
- Finish the Tumbling Gnomes quilt.
- Go snowboarding again.
- Make Rotha’s buns (family roll recipe) all by myself.
- Re-learn sign language.
- Spend a day off of work watching oldie movies from my childhood.
- Reupholster our chaise lounge.
- Finish the Scrappy Circles quilt.
- Get off the to gun range at least 3 times.
- Organize and declutter!
- Turn the Man Cupboard (our computer room) into a functional and comfortable space.
- Complete an entire sketchbook/art journal.
- Make 2 recipes from my Pinterest boards.
- Sew myself a skirt with fabric that has been waiting.
- Celebrate my 3rd Blogiversary!
- Head on down to the Paint Pub with a few of my favorite people.
- Get a family picture taken.
- Hang up my & Lovie’s Love Us wall.
- Pay off all credit card debt!
And one more for good measure!
There are a few here that have been started, or are soon to start. I can’t wait to start checking things off!