I may have mentioned already that I joined a 30-day fitness challenge with my sister-in-law and a group of others. We are doing the BeachBody challenge, which includes a fitness program of our choice (I chose to do P90X) and substituting one meal with Shakeology (I chose Vanilla). The challenge is being done online with group motivation and check-ins.
My main goals for the 30-day challenge are:
- Lose 15 lbs (almost my goal weight for #20 on my 30 Before Thirty list!)
- Get definition in my back and arms, tone up the thunder thighs.
- Meet and surpass fitness standards for work.
- Reduce Caribou Coffee intake to 0-1 Caribou drink a week (which will also help the wallet!)
It all started this past Sunday, (10/13/13), so that brings us to Day 3 today.
Day 1 (10/13): Rest Day, just Vanilla Shake mixed with milk. This was also our Before photos, weigh-in, and measurements day. Oh my, was that a bit of an eye opener.
Day 2 (10/14): Shakeology made with peanut butter, grapes, blackberries, strawberries, peaches, and a bit of milk. Holy awesome sauce, it was amazing! P90X Chest & Back, and Ab Ripper X.
Day 3 (10/15): Shakeology made with milk and grapes (mighty tasty). Tonight will be P90X Plyometrics.
On the money side, the challenge was a bit of green, but I am willing to spend a little to try something different to lose those pesky pounds. Afterall, what I had been doing wasn’t making the difference I had hoped. So far, I have purchased:
- Vanilla Shakeology (thankfully borrowing P90X from my lovely sister-in-law)
- Hamilton Beach Single Serve Blender
- New tennis shoes (it was time to replace anyways)
- New workout socks (time to replace anyways)
I’ll do another update as we go, at least to keep me going! Encouraging words always welcome 🙂