Another year has come and gone, and boy was it a full one!
I have always been one to keep a journal, and I love looking back at them to see what I was going through at certain times, happy times – tough times – sad times – joyful times. I am one who keeps mementos to remember events, funny quotes, or goals obtained. Whether it was scrapbooks, my box of ticket stubs, a photo journal, or my and J’s memory jars (thank you Pinterest!). After all, isn’t that one reason that many of us blog?
So without further ado, let’s look back to what all 2013 has brought us:
- A new job for me – One that has brought me joy, a great work family, more training, and the opportunity for special duty teams.
- J had his work shown in a few different galleries – this man has more talent than he will ever know.
- Our niece was born – Miss Annabelle joined the family in April, and is the first little one on my side of the family. It has been an absolute joy to watch her grow and experience the world.
- I said “See you later” to my Skills partner as she left for a job out-of-state – we knew she would go, but still tough. We went through so much together, both good times and bad. Love ya, Dionne!
- J is back in school – He is on a path that will take him to places we never dreamed of! He is an artist, and this has finally helped him realize the talent he has.
- My dear little ‘ol car was finally replaced – after many years (and much frustration) my little car was donated and my parents passed their [new to me] SUV on to me. Thank you!!
- We got engaged!! – no explanation needed here :o)
- I said “See you later” to my mentor as he moved to another state – He helped to transform me from artsy Interior Designer to Law Enforcement Officer. He pushed me further than I thought possible, and helped me to see what I was really capable of!
- Christmas was spend home with my family! – by a Christmas miracle, I was off for Christmas, and got to spend it with my family (and with my little niece for her very first Christmas!).
It was a splendid year, and I can’t wait to see what all 2014 is going to bring. It will be the best year yet, I can feel it!
I hope you all had a wonderful 2013, and wish you all happiness and health in 2014!
Joining a little ‘ol link-up too!